Wednesday, April 18, 2007

the final hurrah

So I know I pretty much sucked at keeping up with posting. Blogging is a LOT harder than I thought it would be. Coming up with new material, finding a few minutes to sit down at the computer--I thought it would be a cakewalk, but with work, and schoolwork and everything else I had going on with my life this semester, I could barely find the time or energy to blog. I wish I had more time to devote to this, because it was a really cool experience, and I loved the topic that I was blogging about.

Blogs are great, despite what some veteran journalists say about them. It is an opportunity for someone to feel important, to feel that what they are writing means something to someone. I think its a wonderful thing for journalism--and look what blogs have done for the accountability of reputable journalism (Hello, Dan Rather?)

As far as myself as a blogger, I don't know that I will continue blogging. I might blog during my study abroad this fall, but it becomes tricky when you don't have a laptop. I absolutely despise sitting inside at the computer, especially when, this fall, I should be sunning myself along the shores of the Mediterranean. The good and bad thing about blogging is that it needs to be current--if you forget to post for a day or two, or are too busy to post, you become old news.

The blog experience was a good one, as I learned about HTML and all that good stuff, but if I were to continue my career as a blogger, I'd definitely have to get rid of about 786986 other things on my plate. To all those that do blog, more power to you!

Peace out.

No comments: